Tuesday, September 11, 2012

31 Day Challenge! Day 11: Polka Dots

Hello all! Day 11 already! Wow, this month is really flying by! Yesterday was the last color segment of the challenge. Today starts segment two, patterns. The first pattern is polka dots. I absolutely love polka dots, but I personally suck at applying them. I have very shaky hands, so my dots really are ovals haha. Well this is what I came up with.


Today's untried polish is Zoya Caitlin. I just recently purchased 6 bottles of Zoya polish when they were having that awesome BOGO sale. I can happily say that Zoya is awesome. It applies like magic. 


I was having such a rough time photographing the dots, they kept coming out so shiny! 


What I used:
  • Base color: Zoya Caitlin
  • Dots: White stamping polish, essence Where is the Party, and Sally Hansen Silver Sweep.
  • Various dotting tools


I'm not a fan of my dots. They look more oval to me then round. This picture above was my first attempt at a full dotticure. I find applying dots over all of a nail to be very difficult. 

Here's a reminder of what's to come:


Stripes are next. I really need to invest in some striper tape, does anyone know where to get it? I see it online but it's so much. I'm thinking I might just use a stamp for stripes, I can't make a straight line to save my line haha ;)

I'm also starting a new challenge today (because I am crazy)! More details soon!

PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...