Sunday, September 23, 2012

31 Day Challenge! Day 23: Inspired By A Movie

Hello all! I just loved everyone's song post yesterday! I'm thinking today's posts are going to be just as fun!  I like to consider myself a real movie buff, so I was very excited about today's challenge. I love creating nail art based off movies, I just couldn't decided on what movie! Then the song "The Candy Man" popped into my head and it was like a light bulb went off. So there you have it, my movie is Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory.






The untried polish for today is Zoya Song. I thought it was the perfect color for Violet Beauregarde's outfit. Speaking of outfits, I just adore Gene Wilder's Wonka suit. That's how the idea for this design started. I wanted to do his suit and then thought about my favorite characters in the film and went with their clothes too. So there's Willy Wonka, Violet Beauregarde, Veruca Salt, and an Oompa Loompa. I also did a Golden Ticket because what are Wonka nails without it?


 Gene Wilder is Willy Wonka. Sorry Johnny but no. That never happened in my mind. 

What I used:
  • Thumb: Sally Hansen Golden-I, black acrylic paint
  • Index: Sally Hansen White On, Ulta Plum Perfect, SH Golden-I, OPI Mermaid's Tears, essence Meet Me Now!
  • Middle: Zoya Song, SH Golden-I, black and red acrylic paint
  • Ring: Essie Really Red, white and black acrylic paint
  • Pinky: China Glaze Street Chic, white acrylic paint
  • Fine tipped nail art brush
I plan to do more Wonka nails in the future, since this movie has so many great ideas that can transfer onto nails! Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's silly and quotable, which is something I love in a movie. Plus the songs are really catchy. Boy, do I love this movie. I'm going to end this post with the song that popped into my head.



See you tomorrow!
PeaceErin

13 comments:

  1. Amazing mani. I like this version of the movie too- the newer one has weird songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The new movie is very...scary. To say the least!

      Delete
  2. Love these nails! And I agree, the newer version just doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The old movie is a classic! I hate that things are being remade and redone just awfully. If it's not broken don't fix it!

      Delete
  3. Very clever an I love it, so glad you used the original movie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Can you do a tutorial for the Violet design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! Thank you for asking!

      Delete
    2. Can you do a video please for a mani and pedi?

      Delete
    3. I've never done video before but I'll look into it! Should be fun! I'll try to have the tutorial done sometime in October. :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks. Can you email it?

      Delete
  5. Where is the tutorial for Violet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please do a tutorial for the Violet manicure?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...