Monday, September 3, 2012

31 Day Challenge! Day 3: Yellow Nails

Hello! I have a love/ hate relationship with today's challenge color. I love yellow flowers (sunflowers being my favorite summer flower) but I hate wearing yellow, especially on my nails. I don't know why but I just hate it! Maybe it's because I am so pale. To make up for my hatred of the color, I have decided to do something really cute for today's mani!


Pikachu was the cutest yellow thing I could come up with! The untried polish for today is Ulta's Sun-sational! It's a very bright yellow, perfect for my pikachu faces. Also, I don't know what is up with my pinky in this picture. It just wasn't wanting to behave!


Pikachu has to be one of the easiest characters to paint on your nails. All you need is a dotting tool and a nail art brush or even a sharpie! I have read how some people use Sharpies for doing fine line detail work. I haven't tried it but it seems like a really cool idea, especially for details like mouths and noses.


What I used:
  • Base color: Ulta Sun-sational
  • Black, white and red acrylic paint
  • Dotting tool
  • Fine tipped nail art brush
This is the adorable picture I used for inspiration! I use to have a T shirt with this tired pikachu on it, I really loved that shirt. Every time I see this picture I squee! It's so cute. 


Pika pi, pikachu! By the way, I have a funny story for you all! I use Google Chrome as my default browser, which has a spell check feature built in. It's really nice for when you are typing posts; you spell something wrong, it underlines it red, so you right click for a suggestion, then you fix it. Well...it suggested that Pikachu was actually spelled Spinach! haha I nearly died laughing! 

See you tomorrow!
PeaceErin

3 comments:

  1. How adorable are these!! I was a huge fan of this character as a kid :)

    btw, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pikachu is so cute, I am so glad you like him! I'm happy to have you, welcome to my blog :D

      Delete
  2. Haha! Amazing! They look so good :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...