So here’s how it works:
- The recipient must post 11 fun fact about themselves
- The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
- The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
- These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
- They will in turn pass the award to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver.)
11 Fun Facts About me:
- I'm only 5'2" tall. Most of the people I hang out with are at least 5'8", the average being over 6'.
- I love turtles, I consider them to be my spirit animal.
- My bestest best friend Tara and I have been best friends for over 10 years!
- I have a bachelors degree in Anthropology.
- I have an odd love for garden gnomes. It's odd because most people find them creepy but I just adore them. It pretty much started after I saw the movie The Full Monty. I've also seen Gnomeo & Juliet and almost died from how cute it was.
- I've met my favorite band, Rooney! They had a free concert at ASU. I got to be front and center and afterwards I got to meet them. They were the nicest guys :D
- I love to watch infomercials, even if I've seen them before. Also, I really want a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer!
- I love to make handmade cards for my loved ones. :)
- I am currently obsessed with the books series A Song of Ice and Fire AND the TV Show Game of Thrones, which is based off the series. I honestly can't get enough.
- I'm currently researching and experimenting with making my own nail polish.
- I can't stand to have my toes naked. They must be polished at all times or I can't function.
Gin Shivers' Questions for Me:
- I started blogging in November of 2011. I was at a point in my life where I needed something to distract me from my problems and I discovered a blog called Let Them Have Polish. Cristina really inspired me to start creating nail art and loving nail polish in general. Once I started I couldn't help but want to share my creations with the world.
- I currently have 120 bottles.
- A variation of pinks and reds.
4.) What is your first memory of nail polish?
- It would have to be when I was younger and we would be shopping at Walmart. I would beg my mom to buy me some mini Bon Bon polishes. Remember those? They still make them!
5.) What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
- My parents could care less. Any time I bring it up, they just change the subject. My brother thinks it's cool that I'm blogging but doesn't care about nail polish. My best friend and boyfriend are beyond supportive and everyone else doesn't really know about it haha :P
6.) What are your other hobbies other than blogging?
- Drawing, painting, reading, writing, making cards, making jewelry, arts and crafts in general, watching movies and TV, looking up stuff about celebrities, and cooking/baking.
7.) What is your favorite nail polish color?
- OPI Mermaid's Tears. Every time I use this polish I fall madly in love all over again.
8.) What would be your dream polish?
- Something emerald colored. I want a polish that reminds me of the land of Oz. Can you tell I love the color green?
9.) What is something you love, but everyone else hates?
- I would have to say the Bee Gees. ALL of my friends hate them. Whatever, I will always love them!
10.) What trends do you love?
- I've been seeing a lot of the Ikat pattern on nails, I think it is so awesome. I also really dig Holographic nail polish.
11.) What trends do you hate?
- I am going to have to say half moons. I have seen some really great half moons but every time I attempt them, they come out so ugly! Also guys wearing girl jeans. It's just gross. OH! And beards. My god do I hate beards. Come on guys, shave!
11 Questions for my blogger picks:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- Where do you find inspiration?
- What is your favorite finish of polish?
- What is your absolute favorite nail polish? If you can't pick just one, what is your favorite color of nail polish?
- What is a nail design you just can't stand?
- What is your favorite brand of polish?
- What nail art technique have you really wanted to try but haven't yet?
- What shape are your nails? Is there a shape you haven't tried but would like to?
- What other hobbies do you have?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- A giant boulder is headed straight for your polish collection and you only have time to grab 5 polishes, which ones would you save?
- Can't Hold My Lacquer
- In the Red Nails
- Manicura de Fantasia
- Miss Devious Diva
- Missy's Manis
- Nail Polish Lane
- Nicole Gets Nailed
- Adore a Polish
- Polish Crazed
- Tammy's Tendencies