Friday, September 21, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge! Week 9: Summer-themed Water Marble

Hello! Today is the last day of the 2012 Summertime Challenge, which was my first challenge ever! First challenge I've participated in and the first I've created. I learned so much about creating a challenge. I think I might do it again but next time I am going to network better and come up with it well in advance. It was a really nice learning experience.

So today's objective was to create a summer themed water marble. If you have been reading, then you would know that water marbling is something that I am really bad at. In fact, I've never done it before this week (successfully.) I almost died when I realized that the 31 Day Challenge had one for the day before I was to do this one! I was like, "Seriously? I have to do two water marbles?! I suck at them!" Well yesterday's water marble came out pretty good and this one isn't too bad either!




What I used:
  • A dixie cup
  • Bottled water
  • Toothpick
  • Thumb and ring finger:
    • China Glaze Street Chic
    • Orly Decades of Dysfunction
  • Index, middle and pinky:
    • Sally Hansen Pacific Blue
    • SH Blue Me Away
    • OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui
  • Masking tape
I wanted my water marble to remind people of the beach. That's why I went with sand colors and blues to represent water. It's not too bad. I think it would have been better if I had used a base color but I was feeling lazy and just used a base coat, then I did the water marbling. I really love how my thumb came out. What colors do you like to use when you water marble?

As for clean up, I used tape this time. It was so much easier to clean up but I hate wearing it. A couple of my fingers were getting stuck together. Only me right? I am so clumsy! :) What is your preferred way to clean up when doing water marbling?

See you tomorrow!
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...