Saturday, September 1, 2012

31 Day Challenge! Day 1: Red Nails

Hello all! It's September 1st already, can you believe it? Time really seems to be flying by! Well today is an exciting day, it's the start of the 30 Day Challenge and 30 Days of Untrieds! I am actually going to be doing the 31 Day Challenge, with as many untried polishes as possible! Day one is red nails. Many things come to mind when I think of the color red but with vampires being all the rage, I thought it would be neat to attempt a vampire themed drip manicure! The name of the untried I used definitely helped inspire today's manicure.


I used Orly's Grave Mistake from the Dark Shadows collection. Pretty fitting since the new movie Dark Shadows is about a vampire! I call this manicure, 'Dracula is hungry.'


I used the polish brush to try and create the dripping effect. I'm not really happy with the way my drips came out but for a first try, it's not too terrible. Orly's Grave Mistake was the perfect color for blood. I own a few Orly polishes and I must say, I really like them.


What I used: 
  • Base color: Essie Really Red
  • Drip color: Orly Grave Mistake
  • Dracula: White, black and peach acrylic paint. 
  • A fine tipped nail art brush
 Overall I am very happy with the way this came out. Have you ever tried a drip manicure? What was your process? I want to try another one soon but I think my technique was off. This is the image I got off of Google.com that was the inspiration for my Dracula.

1 down, 30 more to go! I'm not sure how many other people are participating in this challenge but make sure to check out the other red nails posted below! And here's an outline of the challenge:

Until next time, 
PeaceErin

7 comments:

  1. That's such a cute vampire! Reminds me of The Count! One, one red nail! Two, two red nails! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the 31 day challenge I chose to recreate your mani :) Thanks for the inspiration. Your drips actually show up unlike mine. If you would like to check it out go to http://www.nailcrazewithdayze.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it and are recreating it! I cannot wait to see yours :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...