Friday, August 31, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge! Week 6: Favorite Summer Snack

Hello! It's Friday! TGIF! I have been working like crazy on the blog. I really hope you guys will enjoy the improvements. It's week 6 of my summertime challenge. This week's theme is favorite summer snack(s). My favorite snacks to eat during the summer are popsicles, ice cream, strawberries, melon, and fruit salad.


Wait a minute...that picture looks like all the rest of my pictures. Yep! I wanted to show you one last photo using my old desk lamp. Now feast your eyes on what my new pictures are going to look like!


Brighter, more focused. I feel like you can really see the detail on the new pictures too. I'm excited. So as I was saying, during the summer I love to eat popsicles, ice cream, strawberries, melon, and fruit salad. My favorite popsicles are the firecracker ones! I also love ice cream cones. For this manicure I choose to use nail art brushes and fimo canes. I really like how my nails came out, especially how the Popsicle dripped in the right way!


What I used:

  • Base colors from thumb to pinky: Nubar Reclaim, OPI Skull and Glossbones, Essie Really Red and NYC Fuchsia Shock. 
  • Assorted fruit fimo canes for the thumb and pinky. 
  • Acrylic paint: Red, white, blue, peach, yellow.
  • Julep Carrie for ice cream.
  • China Glaze Street Chic for cone.
  • OPI Jade is the New Black for the strawberry stem. 
  • Variety of nail art brushes.

I haven't used my fimo canes in a while! I don't even think they have made it onto the blog before! Fimo canes are really cool if you want to go for a fun 3D nail art look. I purchased mine off of Amazon. Fimo canes are very easy to use too, here's how.

  1. Carefully take a razor blade and slice off a piece of the cane. 
  2. While the polish is still wet, add the piece of fimo to the nail. 
  3. Gently poke the piece with a toothpick to secure it to the nail. 
  4. Top with a generous amount of top coat and viola! 

What do you guys think of fimo canes? I think they are perfect for those lazy days when you want something fun on your nails.

Only three weeks left of the challenge!


I am very excited for next week's challenge, though I think it's going to be very hard! Next week's theme is: 

Week 7: Inspired by a movie that takes place during the summer--- Pick your favorite movie that has summer fun in it!

I already have my movie picked out but I'm going to leave it as a surprise. Don't forget, I'm going to be starting the 30 Day Nail Art Challenge/ 30 Days of "Untrieds" on tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to it. 

Until then! 
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...