Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Parrot Nails

Hello all! I have an interesting design for you today. Initially, today’s post was going to be about the fan brush method but it ended up evolving into something completely different. I had purchased nail art brushes from Bundle Monster, a while back, which included a couple of fan brushes. I have never used this type of brush before and thought It would be fun to give it a try. So I used two colors and dipped the end of the brush into the polishes and applied to the nail with a couple of brush strokes. I wasn’t to happy with the brush because it decided to clump instead of remaining fanned out. Perhaps I should have used acrylic paints instead of polish but hey, that’s what experimenting is for.


After the polish dried, I realized the strokes looked like feathers, so I decided to add on my feather pattern from BM 214. I choose to use a red color for the stamp because I knew it would stand out more (the whole green and red are contrasting colors thing.) Plus when I think of parrots, I see the color red.

What I used:
  • Base coat: Essie ridge filling base coat
  • Base color: Clear Polish
  • Polishes used for fanning: essence Lime Up! and Color Club Age of Aquarius
  • Fan brush
  • Stamp: BM 214
  • Stamping polish: Ulta Non-stop Red
  • Top Coat: Seche Vite

gal_13

Have you tried the fan brush method? Would you? I plan to try this method once again but instead of using polish, I think I’m going to use acrylic paint. I hope you enjoyed my post.

Until next time,
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...