Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Hello my lovely readers! Happy 4th of July to those of you in the States! I am proud to be an American, so to show my patriotic spirit, I have two designs for you today. I decide to do two different ones, since Blake kept saying that the blue I used for the first design looked black and not blue. I swear the boy is color blind. I hope you all enjoy my post for today.


So here is the first design that I did. I love how it came out, expect for the big stars. I need to get a better star stamp. The blue polish I used is dark but the color on the flag is a navy blue and this was the darkest blue I had. In the sunlight you could see the blue highlights of the polish better but I was unable to take photos outside. 

What I used:
  • Base coat: Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat
  • Base color: essence Hard to Resist, Ulta Non-stop Red 
  • Stamps: BM 14, BM 20
  • Stamping color: Konad White, Princess 
  • Top coat: Seche Vite 

As for my second design, I used a lighter blue (which made Blake happier) and the little image of stars that I had. I also slanted some of the strips to try and create a rippling effect of a moving flag. I was a little disappointed in my stamping skills here, I think the stripes look a little bit sloppy. 

What I used:
  • Base coat: Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat
  • Base color: OPI Suzi says Feng Shui, Ulta Non-stop Red
  • Stamps: BM 14, BM 20
  • Stamping color: Konad white, Princess
  • Top coat: Seche Vite 

Have you tried patriotic nails? I used the flag as my inspiration, but where do you find inspiration for patriotic nails? I think next year I am going to try to do a water marble or something with fireworks. I'm very proud of where I live and who I am, and I plain to spend the night munching away of classic American fair. I hope you all have a lovely evening. Spend it with the ones you love! 

Until next time, 
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...