Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Taped Mani

Hello! This post is late but... HAPPY NEW YEAR! For the new year I wanted to start out with a type of mani that I have been wanting to try, a taped mani, inspired by this manicure that I saw on Nailside. Nailside has the cutest taped manicures.

Before I used tape.
Also for this mani, I used my favorite name color acquired in 2011, OPI's Mermaid Tears from the Pirates of the Carribean collection.


So I painted two coats of Mermaids Tears, then stamped BM 19 on top of it. After full drying, I painted a layer of Mattify to make the polish matte. (Which is a look I am starting to really love by the way.) Once completely dried I put masking tape diagonally on each of my nails and then painted only one layer of Sinful Colors Black on Black. Viola!

Thumb came out the best.



Base coat: Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat
Base color: OPI Mermaids Tears
Stamping plate: BM 19
Stamping color: Konad special stamping polish in black
Top coat: Seche Vite/ Warpaint Mattify
*Taped part: Sinful Colors Black on Black


Apologies for the lateness of this post. I was just spending the day watching the Big Bang Theory with the boyfriend. How did you spend your new years? I hope you all had a wonderful time.

Until next time,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...