Thursday, December 8, 2011

Penguins!

So my next mani of December is Penguins! Over the last couple of years, my love for penguins has grown and I have noticed that there seems to be an increase in love for penguins in general. Makes sense since they are just so darn cute! I painted each nail with a little penguin, giving each thumb a bow to make my thumbs girl penguins. The thought was having a mama penguin and the rest of my hand being her babies!

This design is very easy. All you will need is a black, white, and orange nail polish of your choosing and dotting tools. I painted all of my nails black using Sinful Colors Black on Black, two coats. After the base dried,I painted a circle around my finger tips white to create a belly, using OPI Alpine snow. I had to do two coats for the belly to make the color more opaque. Next, using my white striper polish by Kiss, I dotted two large white dots. Next I used Sally Hansen's Sun Kissed for both the beak and the feet of each penguin. I then used my black striper polish and created two black dots within the larger white dot from earlier. After that dried I added yet another white dot to the eyes.

Left Hand

Right Hand                



I really liked the way these came out. I'm still a bit messy with the dotting but I'm sure with more practice I'll get better. How would you do a penguin design? I saw a really cute version of a penguin design here! After I finished my mani, I was curious how other people had done penguins and I stumbled onto this site. I really like Rins work, she has really cute ideas. I won't lie, I painted the bows onto my thumbs after finding this page.

I'm thinking my next mani will be either a snowman, snowflakes, or maybe a Grinch inspired design. We will see. What is your favorite design to do for winter/Christmas time? I definitely have a holiday spirit and would love to see yours! Comment and post pictures of your favorite holiday manis, I would love to see them.

Until next time,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. i did penquin nails back around christmas time before I made my blog! i wish i photographed them. these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...