Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Challenge! Day 10: Recreate Your Favorite Manicure

Hello all! It's the last day of the Halloween Challenge since today is Halloween! I am so excited! I get to dress up for work and it's going to be a blast. I will make sure to post my costume manicure tomorrow so make sure to come back to see it! Anyways today's challenge was to recreate your favorite manicure from the challenge. I choose to recreate The Manicured Monkey's Bump in the Night nails. She made an adorable Frankenstein manicure and I couldn't help but love it! Mine varies a little but I hope you like it!


So like the Manicure Monkey, I did a Frankenstein face and then some stitching for the rest of the nails. She used two different greens but I decided to just use one. I think he came out so cute but I wasn't too happy with him so shiny so...


I threw a matte top coat over him! I think it is so much better! Sometimes matte is the way to go. What do you guys think?


Here's a comparison of the two top coats. The shiny normal top coat came be seen on the left and the dull matted top coat is on the right. Which do you like better?


What I used:
  • Base color: Sinful Colors Happy Ending
  • Black and white acrylic
  • Fine tipped nail art brush
  • Dotting tools
  • Warpaint Beauty Mattify (matte top coat)


I had just a blast with this challenge! My favorite nails that I did where my Monster nails from Things That Go Bump In the Night. I hope you all loved my manicures and my recreation of The Manicured Monkey's adorable Frankenstein nails. Hope you visit my blog again soon!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

6 comments:

  1. Very cute - and I also thought I could do this one when I saw it and various other takes of the same thing on a # of other sites...Good looking job! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I've noticed a lot of people did it but it was such a cute and fun design. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...