Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween Challenge! Day 6: Things That Go Bump in the Night

Hello all! When I think of things that go bump in the night, I think of the monsters. To be more specific, I think of the monsters living in your closet or under your bed! I decided to do cute monsters instead of creepy/ scary ones! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


So what do you guys think? Cute right? I just love how they came out. I have gotten so many compliments on them so far. I keep getting asked if they are stickers and when I say that I did them by hand, people are shocked. I feel very proud of this! I really think they came out so cute!



To create this design, I painted my nails two coats of a lighter color; lime green, light blue, light orange, lavender, and a lighter hot pink. Next I took a darker color (that matched the base color, ex. dark green with the lime green) and painted small lines for the monsters fur. I then added the eyes and mouth. I tried to create a different look for each monster. On my left hand I tried to copy the same nails from the right but my index fingers ended up looking different. I think the blue nails totally look like cookie monster, is that just me?


What I used:
  • Thumb:
    • Sinful Colors Happy Ending
    • OPI Jade is the New Black
  • Index
    • Piggy Polish Blue-ing Romance
    • essence Let's get Lost
  • Middle
    • Sally Hansen Fashionista Orange
    • Ulta Sun of a Gun
  • Ring finger:
    • OPI Planks-a-lot
    • L.A. Colors Fun in the Sun
  • Pinky
    • Sally Hansen Coral Reef
    • OPI Too Hot Pink to Hold 'em

I think I will do this design again in the future, it came out so cute!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

9 comments:

  1. The red one with three eyes is my favorite! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! These are so adorable!!! And I love the neon colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SOOOO cute!! They turned out so amazing, the colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked them! I am very happy with the way they came out :)

      Delete
  4. These are GREAT! Really great!

    Way to make monster magic! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just adore them! I am so glad you liked them :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...