Friday, October 12, 2012

Guest Post: Ashley from Passion for Polish

Hello all! I have an exciting post for you today! Ashley from the blog Passion for Polish was sweet enough to write me a guest post! This was the first guest post to be featured on my blog and I think it was a lot of fun! Ashley is extremely nice and she has beautiful nails. She created a pretty design for me today, check it out!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Hand-y Feats and Other Treats readers!  When Erin asked me to do a guest post for her, I was so unbelievably excited ... and then completely terrified!  Erin has such a talent for nail art, and I'm a bit nail art challenged, so it took me forever to come up with an idea.  Erin specifically requested that I use some form of 3D nail art, so here's what I came up with.


The shimmery pink foil is Studio M Nail Lacquer Hot Like Lava.  On my two middle fingers, I used 3 coats of OPI Alpine Snow, and stamped the flower design with Hot Like Lava and image plate BM-211.  I finished it off with gold steel ball nail accents from the Born Pretty Store for the centers of the flowers.

As pretty as the steel ball nail art is, this isn't a manicure that's going to last very long.  If you seal it with a good, thick layer of top coat, you can get a few days of wear out of it at most.  Since they're so tiny, they won't stay put as well as something larger, like a rhinestone.  But I still love them!  Thanks so much to Erin for having me over to visit today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have never used any type of 3D nail art and I just LOVE what Ashley did with the gold steel balls! I think these nails are simply amazing! I would definitely wear them for a night out or to a wedding. Thank you Ashley for writing such a wonderful guest post! I hope you all enjoyed her post, I know I did. Make sure to check out her wonderful blog! I really enjoyed having a guest post and I hope to have more in the future. If you are interested in writing a guest post for me, I will gladly do the same for you. We can do a swap of sorts! Go ahead and email me or write me on Facebook if you are interested. :) Ashley also featured me on her blog today, you can see the post here.

Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you Monday!
PeaceErin

2 comments:

  1. Erin, thank so much for having me over to your blog! I had a blast writing a post for you and LOVED what you came up with for my blog! We should do it again sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! I really enjoyed having you on my blog too! I think you have gorgeous nails and I can't wait to do this again! Thank you so much for guest posting.

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...