I choose to do a story with my nails. My left hand depicts the yellow brick road and how Dorothy (the ruby red slippers) is on her way to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz! I have the yellow brick road, some poppies and then I tried to do the Emerald City, which was really hard! Right in front of the city, I have four little stick figures to represent the gang.
|Before I added some black outlines to the Emerald City. Looks like a green blob right?|
|I just love how Toto came out!|
- Base color: Sally Hansen White On
- Yellow: Ulta Sun-sational
- Red: OPI Rudolph Red
- Brown: China Glaze Street Chic
- Silver: Sally Hansen Silver Sweep
- The rest of the colors are all acrylic paint. I mixed some. All the colors used: black, white, blue, yellow, red, peach.
- Fine tipped nail art brush
- Dotting tools for eyes
Here was the picture I used for inspiration:
Despite this film being from 1939, it is still an amazing and classic work of art. Generations have seen it and I believe will continue to see it for years to come. I definitely think this film deserves to have some spotlight.
Next week is definitely going to be a challenge, Day 5 especially! We have to create a manicure inspired by an influential women in history. Day 6 is going to be fun, since I already have a classic game in mind :)
See you tomorrow with more nail art!