Wednesday, September 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge! Day 12: Stripes

Hello all! Today's challenge was much harder than I expected! I actually had to do my nails over and over before I came up with a good color combo. My boyfriend actually helped with this one, without knowing it :P



The untried polish for today's challenge is Julep's Blake. Blake just happens to be my boyfriend's name. I didn't buy this polish just for that reason...


Since Blake's polish is a pale yellow and today's objective is stripes, I thought of things that are yellow and have stripes. I thought of bumble bees and viola! I remembered that I had a fimo cane with a bee, so it was perfect. 



 What I used:

  •  Base color: Julep Blake
  • Black stripes: Black acrylic paint
  • Bee fimo cane pieces
  • Mattify top coat
  • Fine tipped nail art brush

I actually did get this color because it was called Blake. I'm lame like that. If I like the name of a polish, I will get it (if I have money anyways...) For the most part I am happy with the way my striped nails came out. I really really really need to invest in some stripper tape. This manicure would have came out so much cleaner if I had it. Since I did so the stripes by hand I think it's not too bad.
Make sure to check out all the other stripes! Also look for my new challenge, Let's Do the Time Warp Challenge. I will be posting day 2 of the challenge later on today.


See you then!
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...