Friday, September 7, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge! Week 7: Inspired by a movie

Hello all! It's Friday, which means it's the start of another week of my 2012 summertime challenge! Week 7 was a hard challenge. The goal was to choose a movie that is either based in summer or has some summer fun in the movie. I decided to go with one of my all time favorite movies that takes place during the summer of 1963.


Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies. I can't really give a reason as to why it is, but I really love this movie. Since it's based during the summer of 1963, I thought it would be perfect for today's challenge.


It was very hard to come up with a design for this movie. I suck at drawing or painting people, so I decided to just depict Baby's hair and the pretty pink dress she wears at the end of the film. I then decided to include the watermelons that Baby helps carry. This is the part were she first talks to Johnny and she says something really goofy, "I carried a watermelon." I really love that line. I have been in similar situations many times haha. As for my pinky, I went with inspiration from a scene that really doesn't make any sense to me. Baby is asked to participate in the night's festivities which means getting sawed in half and winning a chicken. WTF. I don't think I will ever get that part of the film but it made it on to my nails for being so memorable for me. 


I watched the entire movie while I painted my nails, so it took me some time to create this nail art design. I found that outlining letters makes them easier to read. 

What I used: 
  • Base color: Thumb- NYC Purple Pizzazz, Index- China Glaze Street Chic, OPI Alpine Snow for the rest of my nails
  • I mixed a lot of my acrylic paint together (for all of the nails.) Colors mixed together include: White, black, red, yellow, blue and peach. 
  • OPI Jade is the New Black for the watermelon stripes. 
  • Sally Hansen Silver Sweep for the saw
  • Fine detailed nail art brush

I really hope you guys enjoy my Dirty Dancing nails. I think next time I am going to do Johnny themed nails since this time was pretty much all about Baby. Here's a clip of the watermelon scene for your amusement:



There's only two weeks of the challenge left. It's kind of sad and surprising that summer is almost over! Where has the time gone? Next week's theme should be as challenging as this weeks, here's a reminder of what next week's theme is:

Week 8: Inspired by a summer song--- What song paints the picture of summertime to you? Be creative! 

I'm looking forward to next week. The 31 Day Challenge will continue, as will this challenge, and (since I am crazy) I am going to be starting another challenge next week! Details to come later. 

Until next time,
PeaceErin

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Dirty Dancing is one of my favorite movies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It's such a great movie, I'm glad you liked the nails haha. It was really hard to come up with an idea for the movie!

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...