Sunday, August 26, 2012

What a hoot! Bundle Monster 309

Hello all! Before I get started, I would like to give you all a fair warning...this post is going to be a hoot! I'm one of those people who just adore owls, so when I saw that the new Bundle Monster plate set had a couple of owl stamps, I squealed. I still can't get over how cute the owls are!


I used both the owl pattern and the itty bitty owl for this manicure. I think they came out so cute, I just wish I had a better brown polish to stamp with. Coming up with a good color combo was the hardest part about the owls. I didn't want to have white owls since they make me think of Harry Potter's owl Hedwig. I also think of snow and winter, so I was determined to have brown owls. 


I found that this manicure was very hard to photograph. Most of the pictures I took came out far to shiny! The picture below is using the lighting that I usually use, my desk lamp.


This picture was taken is the kitchen. See how shiny my nails are?


 This picture is outside. I was so mad because when I went to take pictures it was overcast. The weather was wonderful but I wanted sunshine. I used a laying combo for this manicure and one of the polishes I used is a Del Sol. Del Sol nail polish is awesome! It chances color when you go in the sunlight. I really want to get more of them. 


I know it's hard to tell but the polish changed to a brighter pink! Cool right? 


What I used:
  • Base color was a laying combo: 1 layer of Del Sol First Kiss, 1 layer of Maybelline Sparkling Champagne, and another layer of Del Sol First Kiss
  • Stamping polish: essence Date with the Night
What colors do you use for stamping? Do you just buy the special Konad stamping polishes or cheaper brands? I love black as a stamping color and white as well. I am always experimenting with my polishes to see which ones work well with stamping. I love the special stamping polishes but they can be pricey, which is why I am always on the lookout for cheaper brands that will work. If I find any great ones, I will be sure to share it with you!  

I hope you enjoyed my post, have a relaxing Sunday!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...