Sunday, August 12, 2012

Watermelon Nails

Hello all! I have a fun post for you today! Something I love about summertime is being able to eat a nice juicy piece of watermelon to help cool off during these scorching summer months. But do you know what I love even more? Watermelon nails! I have seen so many cute designs online, that I had to try it for myself.


I've been wanting to do watermelon nails for some time now but I wasn't sure how to go about it without feeling like I was copying someone else. Then I saw this picture:

This picture inspired my design!
It was perfect! This photo of a beautifully carved watermelon screamed plastic wrap mani! So that's what I did. I waded up some plastic wrap and I went crazy! Now this is the same technique I used for this watermelon. If you are reading this post and saying to yourself plastic wrap, what?! Well this is what I am taking about. I waited for my base color to be completely dry then I dipped the waded up plastic wrap into a darker green and dabbed onto my nails. Volia! A simple marble looking design.


What I used:
  • Base color: Sinful Colors Happy Ending
  • Darker green: OPI Jade is the New Black
  • Pink: OPI Rodeo Rose
  • Seeds: Black acrylic paint
  • Nail art brush
  • Waded up plastic wrap
I think next time I'm just going to do my accent nails just pink with some seeds and leave the green out. I feel like the green really took away from the pink of the watermelon. What do you guys think? Have you ever tried watermelon nails before? What technique did you use? If you haven't tried watermelon nails you should! They are perfect for the summer. I have a real treat for you guys starting next week. Stay tuned. 

Until next time,
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...