Friday, August 3, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge! Week 2: Grill it up!

Hello all! Today's Friday! Which means it's the start of the second week of the challenge. Boy it was a challenge too! I had to redo this mani several times and I had to scrap a couple of my original ideas. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the way this weeks challenge turned out.


The theme for this week is 'Grill it up!' When I think of summertime, I think picnics and grilling outdoors. That's what my nail art is all about. I have the picnic table cloth, a hamburger, watermelon, hot dog and the grill marks.

Outside
Most of this design was done by hand, except for some stamping and I did try a new technique. I used saran wrap or plastic wrap to get the effect on my watermelon. I had seen an awesome mani on Pinterest that used this technique and I just had to try it out. You can see the pin here.

With Flash
What I used: 
  • OPI: Alpine Snow, Jade is the New Black
  • Ulta Concrete Evidence
  • Konad black stamping polish
  • NYC Fuchia Shock
  • China Glaze Street Chic
  • Acrylic paint: Black, red, peach, yellow, blue
  • Konad Stamping set, BM 209
  • Variety of nail art brushes
I'm looking forward to next weeks challenge. I'm going to have to stop by a store to take a photo of a swim suit though. It appears that all of mine are in storage. 

Here's a reminder of next weeks challenge:

Week 3: Inspired by a bathing suit--- Pick your favorite swim suit and create a design based on it. Make sure to include a photo of the suit! 


Thank you again to all those participating. If anyone is interested in taking part, please do! You can contact me on twitter or by emailing me at handyfeats@gmail.com.

Until next time,
PeaceErin

2 comments:

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...