Friday, August 17, 2012

2012 Summertime Challenge! Week 4: Sea, Sand and Surf

Hello! Today starts week 4 of the challenge! This week's theme is sea, sand and surf. The idea was to do either one category or a combo of categories to make a nail art design that would make anyone wish they were at the beach. I think I succeeded combining sea animals and sand. 


It took some time to create this mani but overall I think it came out pretty good. I do love how my design came out, especially my thumbs. I was very unhappy with the way my right hand was photographing though! Apologies for that crappy work. 




I could probably spend all afternoon telling you guys all that I did and what I used to create this nail art but instead I'll just list supplies and tell you a little bit about my techniques.  The back grounds of my thumbs, middle fingers and ring fingers where sponged. I used two nail stickers for my right ring finger and right pinky. Everything else I painted by hand. 

What I used:
  • CND Stickey base coat*
  • Piggy Polish Blue-ming Romance
  • Ulta Maine attraction
  • Orly Decades of Dsyfunction
  • China Glaze Street chic
  • L.A. Colors Art Deco Bright Green
  • Orly Bell of the ball
  • Ulta Encore pink
  • Claire's Beachy Keen
  • Acrylic paints: Whtie, peach, red, yellow, blue, black
  • Make up sponge for sponging
  • Dotting tool
  • Variety of nail art brushes
  • Nail stickers I got from Walmart years ago
  • Seche Vite fast drying top coat


*I just purchased CND Stickey base coat and this is the first mani were I have used it. I can already tell that this base coat and I are going to be friends. I sure hope so, my last one was awful. At first it was ok but it started peeling my nails and it was so tacky, applying polish was a nightmare. I have heard good things about CND Stickey and it's what Chalkboard Nails uses for her nails. I am curious if it's suppose to feel cool when you are applying it to nails, has anyone else experienced that with is? 

So we are already four weeks into the challenge! I am having a lot of fun coming up with ideas. I hope you guys are enjoying them. 


Next week should definitely be interesting. I've lived in Arizona since I was five and there's never been a shortage of scorching weather during the summer. Needless to say, I have inspiration for Hot hot hot! 

Week 5: Feelin’ HOT HOT HOT--- It’s scorching outside. Show it on your nails! 

Just a reminder: If you are interested in joining in the fun, you can! It's not too late! Everyone is welcome to participate and if you can't commit to every week, that's ok! I want to see what you guys can come up with. If you are interested contact me! 

Until next time, 
PeaceErin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...