Monday, October 1, 2012

Let's Do the Time Warp Challenge! Day 7: You're Timeless to Me!

Hello all! There are only two days left of the Let's Do the Time Warp Challenge. Today's challenge was to create a manicure inspired by something that never goes out of style; something that was popular then and now. What a hard objective! I seriously had tunnel vision and could only think of denim jeans. Denim has been around for quite sometime and through the decades, though the style of jeans have changed, the love for them hasn't. My mother wore bell bottoms, I wear skinny jeans. Because denim has been popular pretty much since the 1950s and is still a fashion staple today, I think denim is timeless.




What I used:
  • Base coat: essence Gleam in Blue
  • NYC Skin Tight Denim
  • Stamp: BM 202
  • Stamping polish: Sally Hansen Silver Sweep
  • A piece of denim

I originally just had the denim lines on the nails but I thought it would look better with a zipper stamp. This is what my nails looked like before the stamping though. 


I just love how these nails came out! It was incredibly simple to do too! I would explain how I did it but I plan on creating a tutorial for it as soon as possible. What do you guys think?


So this Wednesday is Day 8 of the challenge, the final day. This challenge sure has been a blast, a blast from the past. I have really enjoyed creating designs and seeing all of the other awesome designs from the other ladies in the challenge. I have to now recreate my favorite from another challenger...this is going to be hard! I loved so many!

Until next time,
PeaceErin

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. LOVE your take on denim:) Perfect, timeless, and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing, but I love the way you did it :) The zipper is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Erin - these totally remind me of denim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cool! When do you plan on posting your tutorial? I so want to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. I also hope you see this... I just posted the tutorial on my blog! I hope it's not too awful!

      Delete
  5. I tried doing denim, and it's SO hard! You did a great job, and I love the zipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. How did you try doing it? I actually used a piece of denim haha. Isn't the zipper so cool? I just love that stamp, I have been wanting to use it!

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! I gotta order some BM plates to get that zipper haha. I think I'm gonna try your tutorial once I find some scrap denim.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...