Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Challenge! Day 3: Zombies

Hello all! Today was a real challenge! I am not a zombie lover... My idea of a zombie movie is Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. Those movies are hilarious and as zombie as I'll go. I'm just not a fan. So these nails were pretty hard for me. I needed inspiration and I found it through The Daily Nail. She is an amazing nail artist and I just really love her blog. After watching a great tutorial for zombie-esque nails, I decided to try to mimic the look with my own twist. You can watch the tutorial here.


So I tried to create the creases with blood, just like the Daily Nail. It is much harder to do then you would think! For my own twist, I added in a brain and zombie face. What do you guys think? I find these nails creepy but then again Zombies are suppose to be creepy. 


What I used:
  • 1 coat of Orly Grave Mistake
  • 2 thick coats of Orly Decades of Dysfunction
  • More Orly Grave Mistake for the blood
  • OPI Schnapps Out of It for the crease
  • Sally Hansen Coral Reef for the brain
  • White, black and yellow acrylic paint
  • Fine tipped nail art brush

Next for this challenge is witches! I adore witches, so this should be fun! I have been a witch for Halloween many many times.

Until next time,
PeaceErin

7 comments:

  1. i love the 'hillbilly' teeth on him so cute ;) I've seen this tutorial as well ... you did it perfectly ... i have to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need to try it! It took me a bit to get use to tugging on the polish but it's not too difficult. I'm glad you liked the teeth haha :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that is so awesome how you smooshed the polish to get it all wrinkly and zombie gross. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! That tutorial freaked me out haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really freaked me out too! It looked like she was tugging on her skin! haha It was so awesome though :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...