Monday, September 24, 2012

31 Day Challenge! Day 24: Inspired by A Book

Hello all! I'm late posting today because I am not feeling so well. I think it's allergies or something. I usually post at midnight but I was so exhausted last night that I went to bed early. Anyways today's nails are inspired by a book. I decided to go with one of my favorite books from my childhood, Holes by Louis Sachar.




I still adore this book. It's such a great story about an unlucky boy named Stanley Yelnats, who ends up going to a juvenile delinquents camp and forced to dig holes all day in the blustering hot sun. There are dangers everywhere. The heat, yellow spotted lizards, and the warden, who has a secret agenda. I could go on and on but I don't want to spoil the book for those who haven't read it. If you have never read this book, I suggest that you do. The untried polish for today's post is Julep Morgan.
As for my design, I did the cover of the book on my thumb, then there are a couple of shovels on my index finger. It's really hard to make out but I was trying to illustrate how the boys were made to dig holes all day. I then did a yellow spotted lizard, some onions (which also came out looking funny), and Kissin' Kate's lipstick tube. KB for Katherine Barlow.




What I used:

  • I sponged on the dirt and sky. Everything else I applied by using a nail art brush. 
  • Dirt: China Glaze Street Chic, Orly Decades of Dysfunction, a little bit of brown acrylic paint
  • Sky: Piggy Polish Blue-ing Romance
  • Purple on thumb: Julep Morgan
  • White, black, red, brown, green and yellow acrylic paint. 
  • A makeup sponge
  • A nail art brush

The manicure didn't come out like I was hoping but overall it isn't that bad. What is your favorite book from your childhood? I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with. I am really enjoying everyone's inspired by section so far. It's the hardest part of the challenge but it's really neat to see what people can come up with. Tomorrow's challenge is inspired by fashion. I have no idea what I am going to do! AH!

See you tomorrow!
PeaceErin

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED THAT BOOK! I think I read it at least 5 times in when I was about 13. Love the nail art - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! It is a great book :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from my awesome readers! I value each and every comment, so leave me with your thoughts! Much appreciation and thanks! I will reply to all comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...